Monday, November 22, 2010

Blog Post #13

The assignment for this post was to review current state initiatives (Alabama), specifically ALEX.

ALEX Alabama Learning Exchange- This is a program that provides, much like it's name implies, a site for the exchange of information between teachers and other groups. Some of the information available includes web links and lesson plans covering all of the subjects. I specifically investigated the resources available for High School Social Studies Teachers. I found some great Economics lesson plans covering a range of concepts that I thought would be very useful.

ALEX also has a very nice podcast directory and a well organized section for professional development. My overall impression of ALEX is very positive. I found the site as a whole to be very helpful and extremely well organized. I have to admit, when I read the requirements for this assignment that I was skeptical of what I would find (Alabama doesn't have the best reputation on educational matters), but I found the site to be very professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment