Sunday, November 7, 2010

Summary Post C4T #3

My third teaching blog to follow was that of St. Pius X School in New Zealand. I found this blog to be very helpful for teachers wanted to take a more digital approach to education. They seem very willing to share their experiences and have come up with some great ideas for teaching through technology.

The first post I commented on was titled "A New Twist to Parent Engagement". The post was about a parents night where the parents came up to the school and were taught how to use computers by the students. I thought this was a great idea. I'm sure it gave the kids a lot of confidence and it also showed them how committed their parents were to their education.

The second post was titled "Blogger Improves Comment Management". I chose this post to comment on because it seemed relevant. I'm responsible for managing my own blog which is fairly uneventful, but, when I'm responsible for managing an entire classes, I'm sure I'll need some help. This post was about some of the ways Blogger has improved our ability to manage the comments that are made on our posts. Very insightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment